Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Play dough

Who doesn't love play dough?

I know I do and so do my 3 girls!!

I got sick of spending money on something that wasn't real cheap and that didn't last very long.

I found a few recipes online telling me how to make play dough at home.

I tried the stove top and the microwave recipes but the girls hated having to wait for it to cool before they could play with it.

This recipe I'm sharing with you was also found online and it is a NO cook one which is so easy my girls can make it one their own.

We all know how much kids love to sneak bits of dough into their mouth when we aren't looking so as you can see all the ingredients in this recipe are all basic, safe things we all have in our cupboards already.

Play dough is great to keep the "I'm Bored" away, great for your child's development and it is also great to donate to your school fete.

                                                                                                                                                                                     ( Picture found online)

NO COOK PLAY DOUGH


2 Cups Plain Flour
1 Cup Salt
1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
1/2 - 1 Cup Cold Water
2 Drops Food Colour

1. In a large bowl, combine the plain flour and salt.
2. Add water, colour and oil and mix until combined.
3. Knead well                                                             

*If your dough is sticky or too wet just add more flour

** You can also add a small bit of fragrance and glitter to your play dough.

Make a few patches of different colours and your kids ( and you ) will be entertained for hours.


Enjoy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment